Sunday 1 July 2012

The Balm Meet Matt(e) Palette - Review and Swatches

I purchased The Balm's Meet Matt(e) palette when they were having buy 3 Shady Lady palettes for the price of one promotion. Strangely, the shipping cost to Australia was ridiculous (USD 40), so instead of wasting hard earned money on shipping, I purchased this palette and a few other goodies to push my purchase into the free shipping threshold (US 100, if anyone is interested). I ended up getting four palettes, two brushes, and a nail polish. I think this was quite a good deal considering each Shady Lady palette costs 39.50 USD normally.

True to its form, The Balm's Meet Matte(e) palette consists of 9 matte shades whose names all started with "Matt". As Sheldon Cooper would say, "What's life without whimsy?"

Front of Palette
 I personally love the packaging of all The Balm palettes. The back of Meet Matt(e) palette has the profile of Matt who features on the front of packaging LOL Its like a dating advert!

Back of Palette
Indoor, artificial lighting
I swatched all the shades for you in the order they appear in the pans. I took two photos below, one indoors and one outdoors to show how they look under different lighting conditions.
Swatches - Indoor, Articial Lighting

Swatches - Natural Light, Overcast Day
Now, lets get down to the nitty gritty. I won't describe each shade individually. I believe the pictures are very colour accurate (the second photo to my eye is spot on). The texture is very soft, and the shades are all blendable and creamy. There is a touch of fallout when I use a stiff liner brush with the darker shades, and I do find this rather annoying with some better quality eyeshadows because of the unnecessary wastage.

All of my swatches are done on an unprimed arm. What I love about The Balm is that the shadows tend to cling to my skin very nicely and they have great lasting power with a cream base. The colours that you get on the lids are pretty much what you see on the pan.

The Balm is hands down my favourite mid-end brand for eyeshadows. The price of one palette is equivalent to the price of a MAC single and therefore, in terms of value for money, The Balm just kicks ass!!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3