Friday 25 January 2013

Tom Ford Sable Smoke Swatches

Today I bring you a review of one of my recent acquisitions from the luxurious and super expensive Tom Ford cosmetics line.

I purchased Sable Smoke because I was looking for a nude lip colour that would suit me, and this is simply perfection on my skintone (medium-tan, pink undertones). 



Tom Ford Sable Smoke is a emollient lipstick with a subtle vanilla scent. The colour is a gorgeous rose brown beige that looks mostly nude brown on my lips with a very very slight rose tinge. 
 

I have a swatch comparison for you below. Burberry Rosewood is shown at the bottom swatch in the next picture. Can you see how creamy the Tom Ford is?? The Burberry applies like a light layer, a thin veil of colour on the lips. The Tom Ford formula is more buttery and applies like a visible layer on the lips. It does not catch on dry bits and makes my lips look fuller and hydrated.
 
Unfortunately, I can't really comment on the lasting power of this lipstick. Since the colour is so close to my own lip, I couldn't tell when it actually wore off. If I judged the lasting power by the lasting power of the vanilla scent on my lips, then I would hazard a guess at roughly 3-4 hours. This is with frequent snacks and drinks throughout.

The list of ingredients is shown below :)

Honestly, as much as I love this colour and the feel of the lipstick (very moisturising and buttery, by the way), I do not care for the price point. I think that the quality is not better than other luxury brands like Suqqu or Guerlain.

I am happy to own my meagre collection of four lipsticks (Pink Dusk, Vanilla Suede and Black Orchid are yet to be tested and reviewed), but I doubt that I would buy more unless he comes up with AMAZING new shades. Coincidentally, my Pink Dusk and Vanilla Suede are in the old (read: better) formulation. I will test, compare and report back. I'm a total lipstick newbie so I want to make sure that my review is not half baked :P

Happy Australia Day to my aussie readers!!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3