Thursday 28 June 2012

Chanel Sable Rose Bronzer and Chanel Calypso

I think I'm in love!! To be perfectly honest with you, I have never found a bronzer that I truly liked. I mean, I have a couple of bronzers in my stash which I use occasionally, but I found them to be too orange/too red/ too fake. I guess I can afford to be a little picky because I don't use bronzer often anyway.

Chanel Sable Rose is hands down, the BEST, most luminous and natural looking bronzer I have ever tried on. Chanel is such an awesome go-to brand for face powders and this definitely does not disappoint.


Closer look at the strips in Sable Rose. I love using the 4th, 5th, and 6th strip together for highlight, and the top three to contour. If I want a light sweep of bronzer all over, I would use the brush it comes with and go over the surface top to bottom.

I have tried my best to swatch all the strips for you but they are so tiny!! My fat fingers couldnt pick up each distinct colour adequately (time to go on a diet...). Just look at the glow!


I also used the brush to apply the bronzer to my arm. Because of the rose tones, this bronzer is also suitable for a blush medium-dark skinned ladies. 

Typical of me, I have gushed so much about the bronzer that I almost forgot to feature Calypso. Calypso is my first ever Chanel lipgloss and I have to say that I am enjoying it a lot! 

Calypso in the tube is an almost neon orange coral with gold shimmers. When applied, the effect is more subtle and pretty (you definitely won't look like a beautiful person with strange orange lips LOL). I can see myself using up Calypso purely because of the colour and the beautiful fine shimmer. Chanel does microshimmer so well (I can also gush about their shimmery nailpolish if you like... haha).

Anyways, if you have a similar skintone to mine, I do recommend that you at least TRY Sable Rose and Calypso. I can almost guarantee that you will walk out the door with these two beauties (perhaps more, depends on whether your counter has the latest collection out yet). TWO THUMBS UP!!!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3