Tuesday 12 February 2013

Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate Intensity 2 - Pictures and Initial Thoughts

I purchased the Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate in Intensity 2 a couple of months back in New York. I have only just started playing with this product and can finally give you my initial thoughts on this 75 dollar baby.


Lets start with the packaging. I won't lie, I like it. I like it a lot. Out of all the velvet pouches provided by high end brands, this one is the best. The compact has a nice weight to it (not heavy like Guerlain, but not light like Chanel), and looks so luxurious. Bonus point for the giant mirror too :).


Now on to the product, its very VERY emollient. Blending is a breeze and it would be the perfect cream sculpting product if not for one thing: the product has a smell, like a plasticky, old lipstick scent... not a fan.


For fair/light skin tones, I think Intensity 1 is recommended. For medium/tan (NC/NW 30 onwards) skin tones, go for Intensity 2. The product sheers out a lot when blended so the darker shade would not be a problem at all.


I still prefer powder products for contouring but Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate provides a nice alternative. The fact that this is a cream and a very blendable one at that, application is super easy.

Here are some easy contouring tips for the Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate:
1. When you use the contour shade, use a small firm brush in light strokes under your cheekbone.
2. Do not go too far into the centre of your face. Stop directly under the end of your eyebrow.
3. Blend the contour shade in an upward motion- not downwards as this will drag your face down.
4. Apply the illuminating shade on top of your cheekbones.


Do you have a favourite contouring product? I am still looking for my holy grail and would love to hear your thoughts :)

Night!
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3