Tuesday 24 July 2012

New Haircut and Favourite Lipgloss

Good morning all!

I went for a lunchtime haircut yesterday and when I arrived back in the office, people commented on how different I looked and my new nickname is now "New Cindy".

I thought I'd share some phone photos with you of my new hairdo, and because this is a makeup blog, I will provide detailed makeup breakdowns for each look. 

The first one I took yesterday, I was wearing Peau Vierge (Shade 2), Laura Mercier Silk Creme in Sand Beige as spot foundation/concealer, Becca Anniversary Palette in Dusty Rose (all shades used except for the gloss), Maybelline Falsies Mascara, and Chanel Rouge Coco Baume.


The second lot of photos were taken this morning. I am using the same base foundations as above, but this time I set my foundation with Laura Mercier's Universal Setting Powder. I also used Bobbi Brown Everything Mascara, LMdB Blush Kaleidoscope (1st, 2nd, and 3rd tier), and Chanel Calypso lipgloss.


I've been rocking Calypso everyday for the past two weeks as someone who does not wear much lipgloss, this is a new record. I love the colour and the really subtle shimmer. As you all know, my favourite beauty brand for lipglosses is LMdB, mainly because they are very pigmented and very comfortable to wear. The only downside is that they are very glittery and can finish quite frosty if you use too much product. Chanel is slightly more sticky, and less pigmented, but the shimmer is very understated. 



As you can see from these photos, Calypso leaves just a hint of coral on my lips. Its so wearable and pretty. I think its one of those glosses that can go with any outfit and any makeup really! But then again, my lips are quite pigmented, so that could be the reason why this colour is very sheer on me.


What do you think about my haircut? And more importantly, what do you think about Calypso?

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3