Sunday 22 July 2012

TheBalm Shady Lady Palette Vol. 2 - Review and Swatches

Shady Lady Palette Volume 2 has been in my stash for over a year now. I don't quite know why it has taken me so long to review this, considering this is one of my favourite mid-end brands and definitely my favourite mid-end palette to date. 

Volume 2 offers a more varied colour selection in my opinion. More brights and more contrast between the lightest and darkest shade. I did not find a single dud in this palette. I love the texture, finish, wearability and lasting power of all the shades. However, please keep in mind that I always wear an eyeshadow base which tends to prolong the lasting power and accentuate the true colour of these shadows on my lids.




I have two swatches below in two lighting conditions. The first is taken indoors with artificial lighting, and the second is taken outside on an overcast day.

Indoors, Artificial Lighting
Outdoors, Natural Light
Out of the bunch, the best performing shades would have to be Insane Jane (top row, third from left), Just This Once Jamie (second row, third from left), and Mischievous Marissa (bottom row, first from left). Honestly, I love every single colour but those three get the most use from me.

The packaging this time is a giraffe print which is totally adorable. The names are racy, just like Volumes 1 and 3. There are bound to be a one or two dupes if you own more than one palette. I purchased mine during the buy 3 pay for 1 deal from TheBalm's online site.

What about you? Do you own a Shady Lady Palette? What do you think?

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3