Sunday 22 July 2012

Le Metier de Beaute Current Favourites, Hits and Misses

This would be a very short post to review some of the new items I purchased or received as a GWP from Le Metier de Beaute. The Lip Creme on the left is called Red Velvet. Boy, I was so excited to receive this because 1.) Lip Cremes are my favourite liquid lipstick/lipgloss 2.) These babies run at 36 dollars per tube (expensive, no?), and 3.) Le Metier de Beaute makes my perfect red, the red lip I was sporting in this FOTN remains my one true red lipstick match.

Next up is another GWP, a liquid liner called Artemis. This is the only liquid liner that stays and stays. I literally have to use the strongest eye makeup remover at the end of the night.

Lastly, I just recently purchased an LMdB True Colour Eyeshadow in Water Sapphire. It arrived to me totally shattered and I took a photo of it before it was re-pressed.


Swatches are shown below. 

- Red Velvet is a tomato red. Its so glossy and richly pigmented. I haven't played with it long enough to make a decision whether or not this is a keeper. For now, I remain ambivalent. I feel a little like Bozo the Clown when I wear this. It should have come with a set of instructions LOL

- Artemis is a dark navy brown and its just so perfect. Long lasting, pigmented, everything I could ever want from a liquid liner. The brush takes a bit of getting used to, but its easy enough to use, even for me. I am a liquid liner novice, this was my first!

- Water Sapphire is a browned burgundy with hints of blue shimmer. This colour is gorgeous and quite unusual in my collection. When applied lightly on the lids, it is mostly the brown/burgundy that shines through.I quite like this colour as an everyday sheer wash.


Below is a simple look with Water Sapphire and Artemis Liquid Liner. I'm loving it. So easy and simple to do. I am using Chanel's Sable Rose lightly dusted on my cheeks.


Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3