Monday 25 June 2012

Nars Habanera - An Old Favourite

Contrary to what you might believe, I haven't always been a fan of exclusively high end brand like Chanel, Dior, Guerlain or LMdB. Sometimes, if I see a colour I like, I might buy it eventhough it lacks 1.) texture, 2.) longevity. The Nars Duo in Habanera is one such product. For me, the texture of the eyeshadows are sub par, but the pigmentation packs a punch. I guess pigmentation is lower in my priority list because I do tend to favour more subtle makeup.

Nars Rubber Packaging is a gripe with me - it seems to attract fingerprints, dust, marks, etc.

Nars Habanera consists of a beautifully curated duo. On the left is a silvery blue green that looks slightly more silver in the pan but swatches show that the blue comes through strongest on the arm (and on the eye). On the right is a purple brown with flecks of green shimmers. This shade is a perfect accompaniment to to the blue green as it adds depth. However, use with a light hand as this shade can look slightly bruisey in huge amounts.



I have swatches of this duo below. Isn't it just fabulous? I need to do a look and show you just how great this looks on the eyes. My favourite way to wear Habanera is to place the silvery blue green on the mobile lid (freshens up the eyes) and the purple brown on the outer v and slightly on the crease. Finish off by lining with a jetblack liner and pat the purple brown on top.


The left side of Habanera is similar to Chanel IdO in Riviere, but its a little more blue and pigmented. Riviere is more silvery green. Side note, I need to print a retraction on my earlier review of Riviere. The initial disappointment with the colour itself is overshadowed by the fact that it looks so damn good on my eyes!!

What do you think about Nars Duos? Are you a fan?

xxCindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3