Monday 18 June 2012

LMdB Chauvet Pont D'arc Kaleidoscope - Review & Swatches

Updated: I did take a myriad of other photos with my camera of each tier from top to bottom but alas, I did not have time to upload them today. I will update this feature tomorrow with those photos. New photos have been added! :D Enjoy <3
 
My Zuneta order came yesterday and I was so delighted to open up my new LMdB Kaleidoscope in Chauvet Pont D'arc . Here is the promo spiel from Zuneta if you haven't already seen it a gazillion times before:

The Chauvet Pont d'Arc Kaleidoscope Eye Kit, ($95, shown above), for Summer 2012 was inspired by the Chauvet Cave Paintings in France, the oldest in the world. The cave paintings, found in Chauvet Pont d'Arc, which is located in the south of France, are among the most significant prehistoric art sites known to mankind. The hues are richly pigmented - beautiful and intense. Painted by ancient artists wielding extraordinary skills, the images evoke the burgeoning life of centuries long past and, with protection, will last and be enjoyed for eternity.

The shades in Chauvet Pont d'Arc are:
  • Umber - umber-toned satin mauve
  • Ocher - shimmering sandstone ocher
  • Madder - shimmering terracotta
  • Crystalline - silky matte desert teal


Umber is a really lovely irridescent mauve. The texture of the shadow is soft and buttery with medium level pigmentation. If you really blend this shade out, it becomes a sparkling light mauve and I can see it being a gorgeous standalone shade for the office.


Ocher is a darkened dirty shimmering gold. This shade is again very soft and buttery and is the most pigmented shade in the kaleidoscope kit.


Madder is a gorgeous teracotta shade with small silver shimmers. Compared to the top two tiers, this shade is noticeably less shimmery but it is not matte either. The pigmentation level is medium.


Crystalline is a bright teal which is a little chalky and is probably the sheerest out of the four. However, I would never call this shade sheer. The pigmentation is definitely there, but the chalky texture makes it a little difficult to blend and there is some fallout when you apply this as a liner.

 


I took a crappy phone pic this morning before I rushed off to work and this is how Chauvet Pont D'arc looks on me. Its a little difficult to show the dimension and the intensity of the colours but I hope you get the picture.

Couches de Couleur #1: Top three tiers layered, fourth tier added as a liner
Couches de Couleur #2 : Madder all over, Crystalline dabbed over that, concentrating on lower lashline, Ocher applied on the middle of the eyelid, and Umber to blend out edges
The photo above was taken four hours after application, and it was late at night after my anniversary dinner with the hubby so please forgive the photo quality :)

Couches de Couleur #3 : Umber all over the mobile lid and slightly past the crease, Crystalline lightly dusted over Umber, Crystalline used as liner

This photo was taken 4 hours after application, using Couches de Couleur #2


Bottom Line: This is one of the best kaleidoscopes from the recent releases of kaleidoscopes in my opinion. The one kaleidoscope which possibly tops Chauvet in terms of usefulness, creativity, and quality would be the Blush Kaleidoscope. I do suggest that you run to your nearest LMdB counter or Zuneta to purchase this kit. For reference, my skintone is Sand Beige in Laura Mercier Silk Creme, which is about NC37 (Mac).

Have a good start of week!

xx Cindy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy, I love it on your eyes ! love the liner... I wish I could wear it like you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sonia :) I took more photos today, wearing it in the following order : third tier up to the crease, fourth tier dabbled over that, second tier applied on the middle of the eyelid, then the first tier to blend out the edges.

    I don't have the best photos again (aargh *tears my hair out*) but I will definitely upload those tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3