Saturday 3 November 2012

Not All Yellows Are Created Equal

I was so psyched to write a post on Le Metier de Beaute's Yield to Yellow polish from a previous collection but when I actually tested the polish, it was horrible!! It was streaky, and the formula was thick so it was difficult to get an even, smooth application. Here is a picture of it before I promptly took it off...



Yield to yellow is a bright yellow colour that I thought would give me Seal's nails LOL


My next choice (which is infinitely better, by the way), was Mecca Cosmetica's Helen. Mecca Cosmetica is an Australian cosmetics retailer which stocks high end brands not stocked in Myer and David Jones like By Terry, Chantecaille, and Hourglass as well as their own brand of nail polishes, false lashes and a few other beauty goodies ;).




Helen is a richly pigmented buttery yellow with a smidgen of orange. Its a soft yellow polish, not too neon at all. The formula of this polish is beautiful, it is not too runny nor too thick, and two coats are good enough to achieve opacity but I personally prefer three coats to achieve a richer yellow colour on my nails :)


Hope you enjoyed the pictures and review!

xo Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3