Friday 16 November 2012

Chantecaille L'Elephant Palette - Review and Swatches

I purchased Chantecaille's latest philantropic palette, L'Elephant, weeks ago. Claire purchased it for me from the US and posted it so I dont have to pay the hefty price tag of AUD 120.


 What can I say about this palette?? That it was:
- disappointing
- overpriced 
- the worst palette I ever swatched?


The only nice shade is Ivory, which is consistent with the quality of the permanent Chantecaille eyeshadows.
Grasslands and Iron Ore have this hardened texture, and the shadows were very difficult to pick up with a brush, much less my fingertips. Red Earth has so-so texture, but the colour is beautiful and I could pick up the shadow just fine with my eyeshadow brush.



Ivory is a bone white with shimmer, grasslands is an ultra sheer slightly blackened shimmery green, iron ore is blackened brown with silver glitter, and red earth is the perfect shade of copper. 
 

Overall, two out of four shades ain't bad, but it ain't great either. For what you are paying, these palettes need to be amazing and so far, in my experience, they have been amazing. If you want to try another Chantecaille Palette, I suggest you try Tiger In The Wild :) That palette is just gorgeous!!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3