Wednesday 24 October 2012

Chanel Harmonie du Soir- Review and Swatches

I purchased the new quad from Chanel's latest holiday collection (Eclats du Soir), with very very high expectations. I mean, the pans in the quad boasts the same quilted design as my favourite Chanel palette (Topkapi).

HOWEVER...

I don't think this palette lives up to my expectation in terms of pigmentation. I'm a little bit disappointed because the palette *maybe* has medium pigmentation, whereas its older more amazeballs sister Topkapi is so much more so. The texture is beautiful , much much better than the baked quads we get here in Australia. I think the colour selection in this palette is spot on too. I would be able to wear this combo easily, not having to think about placement (pink for brow bone, taupe on crease, plum to line and outer V, and the gold to line under the eyes and inner eye highlight).



Overall, this palette is a Like, not love. Very nice to have, but probably dupable by other cheaper brands. What a shame. I was so hoping to love this as much as I do Topkapi :(

x Cindy

To enter my newest giveaway, please go to this link! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3