Thursday 8 November 2012

Makeup in Candy Eyes - Spring Inspired FOTD

Today I am showing you a makeup look that I did with my niece last weekend, and it was inspired by Lisa Eldridge's Candy Colours video where she used Givenchy's quad in  Bucolic Blossoms.

The quad that I will be using today is Le Metier de Beaute's Pallid Incandescents, with a touch of Shu Uemura's Burning in Water palette.


My preference for the placement of these beautiful spring shades are below;
  • teal in the inner half of the lid (PI),
  • purple in the outer half of the lid(PI) and also to line the inner lower lashline,
  • orange in the crease(PI),
  • light pink on the browbone(PI),
  • gold glitter on the inner corner (BIW),
  • blue eyeliner (Artemis) underneath dark blue shade (BIW) on upper lashline and outer lower lashline.
For this face of the day look, I wanted the lashes to be well curled and well defined. I used Shu Uemura's lash curler (the best, I swear by it) and Lancome's Hypnose.


For the lips and cheeks, I chose to use my trusty Becca Anniversary Palette in Dusty Rose.  The shades I used were the lip and cheek creme in Tuberose (right bottom corner in the picture) and Narcissus to highlight. For those of you wondering, the picture below shows the true colours of the palette. In my original review, the photos were taken using a camera phone (!!). Ah, how far I have come with technology :P


Base products:
  • Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Fiji
  • Vaseline to prep the lips (my lip balm was MIA)
Overall, I'm really happy with how this photo session turned out!! I hope I can do more of these Saturday makeover sessions with my niece ;)



All photos were not retouched in any way with the exception of the last picture below (yes, i wanted to have an instagram-like effect) :) We were blessed with loads of natural sunlight that day , despite the gloomy weather forecast :D



Miccala is just too gorgeous for words!! <3

Cindy x

To enter my newest Suqqu Kakitsubata giveaway, click on this link.

2 comments:

  1. I really adore that Pallid Incandescents quad!
    Lovely application job too, darling :)

    Mwah xx
    -Miccala

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being an awesome model as usual ;) xx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3