Tuesday 8 May 2012

LMdB Modernist Merlot (Vintage-ish): A Kaleidoscope A Day...

Day 2: Modernist Merlot. Oh dear. What a contrast this is going to be to my first installment of "A Kaleidoscope A Day..." posts.

Modernist Merlot does not warrant the name Kaleidoscope Kit, because the truth is, the layered result is really flat and one dimensional. The shades are a shimmering mauvey taupe, a dusty matte pink, a deep lightly shimmering browned wine, and a really really sheer grape.





Hmm. What can I say? This palette was beyond disappointing. If LMdB wants to continue charging their customers 95 dollars for each kaleidoscope (plus tax!), they better step up their game. My search for real vintage kaleidoscopes continue, as I believe that they were the best LMdB ever made.

Cindy

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your honest review on this palette. I'm in LA & asked a SA at Neimans if they could find me the Le Cirque K. (sigh, I know your lucky to have that beauty based on your lovely swatches of it) unfortunately he could not locate me one, but was telling me I should get this Merlot K. instead, but thankfully I said no thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Naomi. I am so glad that you didn't waste your money on this.

      Please try Alyx at Las Vegas, she may be able to source a Le Cirque K for you. That's probably my most used kaleidoscope!

      Xx Cindy

      Delete

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3