Tuesday 8 May 2012

Giorgio Armani Beauty Écailles Collection for Summer 2012 - Eyes to Kill Intense Silk Eyeshadows Review

Giorgio Armani released the Écailles collection for Summer 2012 and I purchased all four limited edition Eyes to Kill Intense (ETKI) shadows. Beauty Ops has covered the latest ETKI offerings quite extensively and she was actually the reason that I purchased all four shades!

L-R: #23 Madre Perla, #20 Obsidian Black, #21 Obsidian Grey, #22 Ecailles

I have shown two swatches for each shade (normal and sheered out). I found it especially difficult to show the shimmer in Madre Perla. It looks like a flat boring old white but that is definitely not the case. It has pretty green and pink shimmer to it!   



All of the ETKIs from this collection are beautiful, pigmented, smooth and long lasting. The stand out shade for me is definitely #20 Obsidian Black. It is not an easy task to create such an attention-grabbing black eyeshadow, and Giorgio Armani has definitely done so with this shade. The teal glow is mesmerising.

Even though this was not the most well thought out colour selection for summer (I would have thought brights and corals - y'know, something to welcome warm weather), Armani still managed to put out a well coordinated colour palette, both within the limited edition ETKI range as well as the entire collection. I guess blues and grays are the new trend for Summer :)

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3