Monday 7 May 2012

LMdB Aurora Lip Kit : Review and Swatches

If you remember my Spring Collection Highlights post, I mentioned that LMdB was coming out with three kaleidoscopes in the Spring; one eye kit called Northern Lights, one lip kit called Aurora, and a Blush kaleidoscope. 


Aurora Lip Kit is a lip palette of cool and warm pinks. It has two shimmer and two satin lipcremes. The first and third tier (shimmer) are quite sheer but buildable. The consistency of these are quite thick but never sticky. The second tier (satin) have a more traditional lipstick texture. Its pigmented and dryer/less thin. The last tier (satin) is an almost neon pink. The consistency is like a gloss and it has medium pigmentation. 

Swatches (L-R) are from the top tier to bottom tier.The colour descriptions from Le Metier are spot on, so I shall be repeating those for you instead of trying to describe it myself...(from top to bottom)
- Illuminate (shimmering, hot pink with a sheer finish)
- Voltaic (satin-nude mauve)
- Dynamos (effervescent coral-tangerine)
- Eos (opaque fuchsia)
 
Both photos are taken indoors with artificial lighting. I don't come home early enough these days to be able to snap nice photos outside but to my eye, the second swatch photo is reasonably colour accurate.

What do you think? Will you be buying Aurora??

I will be featuring a FOTD post soon featuring this lip kit and it will be Aurora themed ^.^ I asked my gorgeous friend to be my model and I just can't wait to show you the photos!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3