Tuesday 8 May 2012

Aurora Inspired FOTD

I asked Anna to model some makeup for me on the weekend and after much discussion, I decided on an Aurora inspired Face of The Day post :)

We were blessed with rain and clouds on the day so I could not get many nice photos but I hope you enjoy them regardless.

"In northern latitudes, the effect is known as the aurora borealis (or the northern lights), named after the Roman goddess of dawn, Aurora, and the Greek name for the north wind, Boreas, by Pierre Gassendi in 1621. Auroras seen near the magnetic pole may be high overhead, but from farther away, they illuminate the northern horizon as a greenish glow or sometimes a faint red, as if the Sun were rising from an unusual direction."

  


My hand is going to star in this particular pic... =P


  


 


Taken From: http://newspaper.li/northern-lights/
For this FOTD, I used the following products on Anna:

Face - Shu Uemura Stage Performer Instant Glow, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation #B40, Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder, Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage #3

Cheeks - Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush #5, Kevyn Aucoin Shadore, Bobbi Brown Bronze Shimmerbrick

Lips - Le Metier de Beaute Aurora Lip Kit (reviewed here)

Eyes - Mac Pigments in Grape and Teal (Grape as base, then teal on the inner eyelid area and to blend outer edges), Heroine Kiss Me Make Long & Curl Mascara

What do you think? Does she look gorgeous or what?!?

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3