Words can not express how much I love these two makeup items. I really can just bring the two palettes on holiday and be happy. Being a makeup junkie, I do have way too much makeup (more than I can wear in this lifetime) and this usually forces me to rotate what I use on a daily basis. Not anymore. Ever since purchasing these kaleidoscopes... they are all I have been wearing for the past two weeks.
Let me show you the beauties.
|L-R: Antiquité Poupée, Empress
|L-R: 1st Tier (Dusty Rose), 2nd Tier (Burlap Sorrel), 3rd Tier (Tarnished Russet), 4th Tier (Ember Ash)
- Dusty Rose: A pearlized pink champagne
- Burlap Sorrel: A complex silver taupe with hints of khaki and gold and multi-coloured shimmer
- Tarnished Russet: A matte rust
- Ember Ash: A shimmery charcoal with flashes of dark blue (yes i am terrible at this! lol)
|L-R : Swatches of Antiquité Poupée top to bottom in order & Couches de Couleur Application
|L-R: 4th Tier (Plum Satin), 3rd Tier (Empress), 2nd Tier (Silk Road), 1st Tier (Imperial Silk)
- Plum Satin: A creamy plum for rich contrast
- Empress: A delicate mauve mixed with soft champagne
- Silk Road: A Shimmering red for sheer highlight
- Imperial Silk: A pale pink for a nude base
|L-R: Swatches of Empress bottom to top in order & Couches de Couleur Application
If you know me, you'd know that I hate lip products of any kind (even lip balm) but Le Métier de Beauté has completely changed me. I love their lipglosses. I love their lip cremes. I love their lipsticks!!! Bring it on, baby!!!
Its almost midnight here in sunny Perth so I must say goodbye! I hope this review has been helpful and stay tuned for more posts by A Girl's Guide to Makeup. I know Claire has been dying to tell you all about her new love for Kiehl's skincare. I am also planning to kidnap one of my girlfriends so I can do another FOTD post! :)
Last but not least, I'd like to say THANK YOU to Linda and Charlestongirl at Best Things In Beauty who helped acquire Antiquité Poupée kaleidoscopes for me and my friend in Hong Kong.
Good night & till next time!