Wednesday 19 October 2011

My favourite blushes of all time! (Part 2)

Hi all!

Sorry for procrastinating this post... It has been a busy couple of weeks and tonight is the first night that I can finally sit down and finish this two-part saga :). Let's keep this short and sweet, shall we?

To kick off this post with a bang, my next favourite blush is Rock & Republic Call Me. Rock & Republic makes these super soft, super pigmented blushes that come in a hefty compact! The total product mass is 9 grams, which is double the size of a Shu Uemura blush! Yikes! I don't think I will ever hit pan on this baby...
Rock & Republic Compact
See how it just lays down on the skin like it belongs there? You don't get that from glittery blushes, especially from the famed Nars Orgasm. Nars Orgasm was a total disappointment for me.
L-R: Heavy Swatch, Blended out
I was introduced to the Illamasqua on my last trip to Melbourne with my dearest friend Wei (to watch Enrique in concert, yay! ^.^) and ever since then I have been obsessed with their blushes. My favourite blush from Illamasqua is a cream blush (yes, cream!) in a shade called Rude. Oh. My. God. I just love the feel of this blush (or any Illamasqua cream blushes). They feel emollient and have a lot of slip so there is no tugging on your cheeks on application.
Illamasqua Rude

Top to Bottom: Intense Lipgloss in Femme, Powder Blush in Lover, Cream Blush in Rude

And lastly, we have Laura Mercier blushes. In particular, the shades Apricot Blossom and Lotus from the Colour Wardrobe palette (Holiday '10). This palette was my introduction to Laura Mercier and I have been in love ever since. Her eyeshadows are soft and buttery (especially the chocolate shade in this palette). Her lip stains and lip glosses are amaaaazing and long lasting. I have tried every shade of lip stain and lip gloss in the palette and love them all! Her second skin cheek colours are exactly as the name describes. Laura Mercier blushes impart a pretty flush makes you look like you are glowing from within.
Top Tier of Laura Mercier Colour Wardrobe Palette (Holiday '10)

L-R: Spice, Apricot Blossom, Lotus
And here is an extra swatch picture of all the eyeshadows in the palette! Aren't they delicious?? For a more thorough review and swatches of this palette, visit The Beauty Look Book.
Till next time,

xoxo
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3