Tuesday 16 August 2011

Giorgio Armani Fall Collection 2011 - Jacquard Woven Eye Palette 2

As I sit here at home, watching Community (you must watch this show or you're NOT cool enough to follow my blog...just kidding (not really)), i thought, what better way to multitask other than watching my current favourite show AND make a blog entry :D


I was given the newly released Giorgio Armani Jacquard Woven Eye Palette #2 for my birthday and I am ever so grateful to my friends! I am loving this palette and I will tell you why.


These shadows, they are like butter... so smooth, so finely milled, and applies so beautifully. The texture, blendability, and pigmentation are amazing. The woven pattern is so delicate that I just want to stare at it forever.

Giorgio Armani Jacquard Woven Eye Palette 2
 
The palette consists of four colours - a shimmery silver, a frosty light blue, a gorgeous taupe and a red-based dark brown. To tell you the truth, this is quite a difficult palette to pull off for warm-toned girls. Out of the two eye palettes released, this one leans more cool.

Swatches Photographed with Flash
Swatches Photographed without Flash
This is how I would wear this palette: silver in inner corner of eyes, light blue on inner half of the lid and lower lashline, use the taupe to smoke out the light blue, then use the dark brown as eyeliner and also lightly smudge on the outer lower lashline.

This limited edition palette retails for 135AUD and is available at David Jones Perth City and Claremont Quarter.

Bottom Line: This palette is the most expensive makeup item I own. However, Giorgio Armani is renowned for producing high quality makeup and their collections are always highly anticipated amongst makeup aficionados. If you like great quality, highly wearable colours for everyday wear and have the extra cash to spend, then you have to pick this up ASAP. I suspect that the face and eye palettes will be flying off the shelves despite the high price tag.

Till next time!

xoxo Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3