Sunday 20 November 2011

Bobbi Brown Holiday 2011 Collection - Cool Party Eye Palette Review and Swatches

I was gifted the new Bobbi Brown Cool Party Eye Palette by my lovely friend Wei :) She was so lucky to have traveled to the US and Canada and during her holiday she bought this nifty little palette for me in New York!


Bobbi Brown Cool Party Eye Palette

The packaging for this year's holiday collection features a silver border and writing as opposed to last year's gold theme. In my opinion, the packaging needs a lot of improvement. My palettes from last year doesn't look quite so nice anymore because the gold trim and writing wears away so easily!

2011 Holiday Packaging

Anyway, lets talk eyeshadows! The cool party eye palette consists of:
  • One eyeshadow - White, a sheer but buildable basic white, the texture is soft and smooth. Well done, BB!
  • Two metallic eyeshadows - Iced Blue, a frosty baby blue ; and Rockstar, a basic grey with silver shimmer.
  • Two shimmer eyeshadows - Sterling, a light blue with medium level shimmer; and Gunmetal, which is a gunmetal grey with low level shimmer.
  • One sparkle eyeshadow- Onyx, a black colour with silver glitter
Bobbi Brown Cool Party Eye Palette
I was very happy with the quality of this palette. With the exception of Onyx, all of the eyeshadows have good pigmentation and texture and can be used for an effortless, office-appropriate day time look (using Onyx as eyeliner ;)).

L-R: White, Iced Blue, Rockstar, Sterling, Gunmetal, Onyx
I honestly do not understand why Bobbi Brown bothers with Sparkle Eyeshadows. I have never found one that performs well. Most of the time, you just get end up with glitter particles all over of your face due to fallout. As you can see, in my photo of the actual palette, Onyx is a glitter bomb! But the glitter does not actually end up on my swatch... its everywhere else (mainly on my finger).

The dual-ended brush that came with the palette is great! Even though I don't usually use the brushes/sponge tip applicators that come with a palette, Bobbi always include good quality brushes and I do love her for it!

Overall, this palette is a winner from Bobbi!! If you get a chance to visit a Bobbi Brown counter, you must give this palette a go. I guarantee you will fall in love.

xoxo
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3