Saturday 16 March 2013

Love at First Swatch: Guerlain Les Fauves

As soon as I bought Guerlain Les Fauves quad and started playing with it, I was already planning this post in my mind. My brain was full of such pleasant surprise, excitement, and wonder that all I remember was thinking " WOW", "OMG" and "AMAZEBALLS!!" when I first used this palette. I will be honest with you, I have swatched Guerlain quads in the past and I did not find them amazing. The eyeshadows were mostly hard on the surface and the pigmentation was just OK. Well, not Les Fauves!! It exceeded my expectations in all the ways I can think of: wearability, overall texture, pigmentation, and longevity.


The colours in this palette are:
- a metallic rosy medium brown,
- a matte tan terracotta
- a matte coral
- a shimmery beige champagne with a hint of pink

As you can see from the swatches, all the colours are in the same colour family and we don't have to be a genius to create wearable looks with this. They also layer amazingly together without ending up muddy (like some lower quality shadows can). I have shown some layering examples in my swatch photo where I have mixed adjacent colours together.

The other quality I noted was that there were minimal (almost none) powders kicking up when I used my brush on the palette. I thought this was unbelieveable because all of my high end powder eyeshadow palettes do not perform this well and I always end up messing up the compact if I don't clean the excess powders after using them. I guess this can be attributed to the harder surface area of the powder (for e.g. Suqqu is incredibly soft on the surface but powdery).

Oh, and I tested Turandot and Liu palettes from the recent holiday collection and I totally regret not picking them up. My guerlain counter still has Turandot (which came home with me also) but the eyeshadows in the Liu calligraphy palette was the best I have ever tested from Guerlain.

Hope you guys are having a great weekend, wherever you are! :)

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3