Monday 18 February 2013

Currently Loving: Guerlain Cruel Gardenia EDP and Becca Gypsy

Just a post to update you on the things I am absolutely obsessed with this month. Guerlain Cruel Gardenia EDP is the inspiration behind the infamous Guerlain highlighter of the same name released last year. I found this gem in Neiman Marcus San Fransisco, which had an almost complete collection of Guerlain's perfumes. It was stocked to mirror the collection of perfumes available in the Paris headquarter. In short, it was heavenly.


The sales assistant gave me a kit to make my own samples of the perfume to take in my bag. I never knew that they can give pipettes and these small sample tubes!! :) How cool...


This luxurious perfume cost a cool 250 USD (plus tax). I love the beautiful packaging, and the name stamp on the side. I was told that the design is inspired by perfumes (and their special bottles) that Guerlain created especially for their royalty customers - can you tell that I am a sucker for a nice story? Haha...


One of the things I love about this perfume is that its not very "Guerlain". Its very soft and feminine to me, and not too overpowering. Most of all, it does not at all smell like a gardenia, and I can most definitely tell you that I hate gardenia scents with a passion. Cruel Gardenia has notes of gardenia, damask rose, peach, neroli, violet, ylang ylang, white musks, tonka bean, vanilla and sandalwood.

I have also been exploring more Becca highlighters lately, and my newest purchase is Becca Gypsy. Its a gorgeous warm pink with gold shimmer throughout. The powder is sheer by design and for that reason, I love it. Lisa Eldridge loves her Becca Pearl Highlighter (cream) because she says that it blends with the synergy of your skin to create the most belivable, gorgeous sheen for that fresh faced look. I must say I agree wholeheartedly with that comment. The shimmer in Becca Gypsy is so fine and melts into the skin.



Have a good night everyone, hope you enjoyed this review/rambling :)

xx Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3