Friday 25 January 2013

Shu Uemura Smokey Velvet Palette - Review and Swatches

With the spring collection finally arriving at the Shu Uemura counter, the items from the Karl Lagerfeld holiday collection was on sale and I decided to pick up the second eye and cheek palette called Smokey Velvet.


The sales assistant was also nice enough to throw in this Shu Uemura bag for free! :D



The slightly scary packaging... My husband actually commented that the packaging is eerie. LOL


And the gorgeous shades inside!! Aaahhh I die for this palette. I think right now I prefer this palette to prestigious bordeaux. It can create a more seamless green smokey eye look and the blush colour is amazing.

Some swatches for you. All shades applied evenly with superb pigmentation. The blush was soft and quite creamy despite being a matte, pigmented red.




The ingredients on the back :)


I have included a couple of shots below where I am wearing the palette. I love it, I truly do. Its so effortless and appropriate for a daytime look that isn't boring. The dark sparkly green is just divine.



Hope you enjoyed the photos and swatches. I am seriously considering a backup, though at 88 AUD (61.50 AUD on sale) it is not an easy price to swallow.

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3