Wednesday 26 December 2012

Makeup Trend : Vampy Lips

I must admit. I am not usually for the latest trends in makeup, fashion etc etc. I prefer more classic items that never go out of style and the same goes for my makeup collection as well. 

I blame my fellow blogger, Reika, for my falling victim to the vampy lip bandwagon with her Black Orchid FOTD here. I decided to purchase Becca's Ultimate Colour Gloss in Berry Twist. It looks like a very dark plum in the tube but it applies very beautifully.




I will show you two ways to apply this gloss. In the first one, directly below, I have applied one pump of lip gloss and smeared it on my bottom lip. I then purse my lips together to distribute the gloss over my whole top and bottom lips. You can then use the little remaining gloss on the wand to fix the lip line or add a touch more to certain areas.



One coat of the gloss will give you a berry stain, with minimal shine but still the comfortable feeling of a moisturising balm. I love wearing the gloss this way, as it is "tame" enough for office wear. 

The lip swatch below was done with two coats. As you can see, the colour is significantly more opaque, and really emphasises any dryness and imperfections on your lips. This is not uncommon for very pigmented lip products.


I looove this gloss. I wish I bought more colours from Sephora. With every new product that I try from Becca, I fall in love with the line more and more. The Ultimate Colour Gloss is richly pigmented, and feels very  comfortable on the lips. Its quite moisturising (though I don't expect lip glosses to be moisturising at all), and has a delectable shine rivaling my favourite Chanel Glossimers. There is a slight vanilla scent when you first apply the gloss but its not detectable after a few seconds.

Happy Boxing Day everyone!!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3