Monday 16 April 2012

I'm Celebrating Spring with Bronzers


I'm trying something new this year, instead of using more colourful eyeshadows for spring, I'm adding bronzers to my routine.



Now, I never liked using dark bronzers so the ones because I felt like a bit of a clown when I'm wearing them.  The ones I'm showcasing today are lighter ones that I am able to use all year round.  I tend to choose ones that are only a shade or two darker than my complexion so I look like I got a bit of colour but not like I fell into a bit of mud.  Also, instead of using them to contour, I've been layering them (lightly) underneath my blush.  So far, the ones I've been using the most are the Giorgio Armani Sheer Brozner in 1, Edward Bess in Daydream (the old version), Cle de Peau Cheek Colour Duo in 5 and MAC Irridescent Loose Powder in Golden Bronze.


Heavy Swatches L to R: MAC Golden Bronze, Cle de Peau 5, Edward Bess Daydream,  Armani 1

Blended out L to R: MAC Golden Bronze, Cle de Peau 5, Edward Bess Daydream,  Armani 1
So far, this has been working well for me.  I usually add a nice lighter pink blush on top of it like Burberry Blush in Misty, Armani Sheer Blush 11 (I think this one's been discontinued but still one of my favourites), Cle de Peau Cheek Color Duo 3.

I think my next quest is to find a blush that emulates my sun kissed (just before I burn) cheeks.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3